Xiaomi has announced its first tablet in a few years, the Xiaomi Pad 5. (The last one was the 8-inch Mi Pad 4 from 2018; Xiaomi recently dropped the brand of its Mi product.) It is launched in the European markets of Europe. ‘business.
The Xiaomi Pad 5 is an 11-inch tablet with a WQHD + 120 Hz display, four speakers, 6 GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 860 processor – it is the new accelerated version of the 855, Qualcomm’s flagship chip from 2019. a 13 megapixel camera and an 8 megapixel sensor on the front.
The Pad 5 inevitably looks like an iPad Pro, with thin bezels and flat edges to tablet-specific MIUI customizations like the app dock. The build isn’t as solid and the screen isn’t as aligned with the chassis, but the inspiration is clear. The quality of the screen and speakers is pretty good though, and the performance has been smooth – I have found this to be a more than competent device for tablet stuff like watching videos etc.
I’m less clear on how this will work for productivity. Xiaomi Product Marketing Manager Abi Go Says The edge that the company views the Pad 5 as a “portable workstation” as well as an entertainment device, and that there will be stylus and keyboard accessories in some markets. I couldn’t test them, however, and the track record of Android tablets in this area is not that great.
Still, it’s pretty rare to see a good Android tablet these days, even if you’re just looking for a consumer device, and the Xiaomi Pad 5 compares quite favorably to Apple’s iPad lineup in terms of price. This will cost € 349 (~ $ 413) for a 128GB version, or € 399 ($ 472) for 256GB. The iPad Air is its more similar rival, and it starts at € 679 ($ 803) for 64. Go to Europe – although of course it has the big advantage of being an iPad.
Xiaomi did not give a specific release date for the Pad 5, saying only that it will vary by region.
- Forget the new iPad (2021), Xiaomi’s Pad 5 tablet might be a better choice for you
- Xiaomi 11T series launched, Xiaomi Pad 5 with stylus support
- Xiaomi presents the Pad 5 tablet alongside several new AIoT products
- Xiaomi presents conceptual smart glasses with MicroLED display
- Xiaomi Announces Xiaomi 11T Pro 6.67 inch Smartphone Abroad, 120W Fast Charging Compatible with Snapdragon 888 | TechCrunch Japan
- Xiaomi announces 11T Pro with 120W fast charge
- Xiaomi to rename its high-end product series from “Mi” to “Xiaomi”
- Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G arrives in India on September 29: what we know
- 32 inch, 43 inch Redmi TV launched in India from Rs 15,999