Regardless of Apple’s hype – the special glass blend introduced with the iPhone 12 – and the build quality of the metal and glass sandwich that is the modern iPhone, expensive phones need cases. Maybe you ordered one with your new iPhone 13, but if you haven’t, can I give you an interesting and undeniably useful option – a giant case that shoots hard candy in your mouth (via Gizmodo).
YouTube creator and inventor Matty Benedetto is responsible for the DIY business, which he calls the Candy Catapult. It’s 3D printed from flexible TPU filament with a hard candy container for any poison of your choice, be it M & Ms, Skittles, or Reese Pieces (only sick people would mix the three). To actually toss the candies out of the case, Benedetto added a spring loaded pinball-style plunger. It’s hard to gauge how hard he launches his sweet little missiles, but he certainly looks strong enough to send a candy across the room.
My first thought while watching the Benedetto video is not a relief to suddenly have a way to go without my industrial size bag of lozenges (no help needed there), but really excitement. for the other possible things that we could get out of it.
I really wonder how quickly this becomes a weapon with metal ball bearings. Throw it hard enough to smash a window if you were to trade candy for something more … damaging? Some things are perhaps best ignored.
- Alleged iPhone 13 case leak just teased the final design
- The iPhone 13 event was a case study in product refinement of the Tim Cook era
- Chorus throws the laws of space physics out the window
- Samsung presents a Galaxy Fold prototype that looks like it came straight out of Westworld
- This DIY and portable all-in-one has three fold-out screens