It looks like the iPad 9 might make an appearance at today’s Apple event after all. We just spotted a new rumor that the iPad mini 6 won’t be the only tablet that might be unveiled today.
That’s according to @PandaIsBald (via MacRumors), a Weibo user who has previously disclosed details about the alleged iPhone 13 pre-order dates. The leaker has suggested that Apple intends to unveil the next generation of its entry-level tablet alongside the iPhone 13 range.
However, the source mentioned that there is also a possibility that the announcement of the iPad 9 will take place after today’s event.
Today’s Apple event is expected to see the unveiling of the iPhone 13 and Pro models as well as the Apple Watch 7 and AirPods 3. Earlier this year, reliable Apple tipster Mark Gurman also hinted that Cupertino is on its way. would prepare to announce up to five products in total this fall, including the new iPad mini 6 and the 9th generation iPad.
And just two days ago, Gurman tweeted: “There will be two events”, suggesting that this last event could focus only on the Mac and iPad announcements. So we may not see the 9th generation iPad by then.
That wouldn’t be a surprise, as we have already reported another rumor that Apple may be preparing for several events until December. Apple hasn’t confirmed anything, but the tech giant tends to split major announcements around some of its flagships.
Either way, the good news is that it seems very likely that the two supposed new iPads will arrive before the end of the year.
Last week, we spotted reports of low stock for the iPad 8, with customers facing a 4-5 week wait window. And while Apple hasn’t touched on it yet, it could almost certainly mean that a new model could be on the way.
Unlike the iPad mini 6, the iPad 9 shouldn’t undergo any major design changes. But Apple’s next-generation entry-level iPad is still said to offer some impressive features, such as a slightly larger 10.5-inch screen, more powerful A14 Bionic chip, more storage (from 64 GB) and a 4 GB RAM upgrade.
If you (like the rest of us) are curious about what Apple has in store for you today, be sure to follow our live blog on the Apple event, where we’ll detail all the big announcements in real time. .
- IPad 9 could launch on September 14 as current iPad stock is low
- New iPad models leaked ahead of iPhone 13 launch event
- IPad mini 6 rumor stops mini-LED display upgrade ahead of Apple’s September event
- Apple’s new iPad and iPad Mini: how to pre-order
- Expect iPhone 13 and Apple Watch 7 on September 14, iPad and Mac to arrive later.
- Apple faces iPad shortage as refresh rumors swirl
- How to pre-order the new iPad 9 and iPad mini 6 – and the best advance deals
- Apple’s new iPad for 2021 is $ 30 off ahead of release
- Apple announces new iPad 9th generation, iPad mini: price in India, what’s new