Sony appears to be reintroducing an old concept for two of its new Playstation 5 games – game trials. Sony will now let you try the PS5 versions of Death Stranding: Director’s Cut and Sackboy: a great adventure free if you live in the UK, for six hours and five hours respectively.
PlayStation owners first spotted Sony’s new offering by email. “Have you ever wanted to try out some of PlayStation Studios’ most popular games before committing to the full game? Now you can, ”the email read. Sony says the games are redeemable on the PlayStation Store until 11:59 p.m. Oct. 28, and the trial begins as soon as you select “Download Trial” on the console or “Add to Library” on the web. The edge contacted Sony for more information, but if you are in the UK the Death stranding trial and Sackboy essay appears to be online already.
Ten or more years ago, offering a demo for a big, blockbuster game wouldn’t be too unusual, but it seems that over the past decade, the rise of free-to-play systems, public beta releases, and more. a strong Let’s Play community has sort of driven the “free trial” to partial extinction. It started to change again – PC player has a great article trying to figure out why – and now it looks like Sony is dipping its toes in the water with two of its most recent proprietary titles. With a bit of luck. which soon expands to more games and more regions.
- Sony to offer free Horizon Forbidden West PS4 to PS5 upgrade after reviews
- Amazon Kindle Unlimited Free Trials: All Offers Available Now
- Death Stranding: Director’s Cut feels right at home on PS5
- Death Stranding Directors Wide cut mode is Kojima par excellence
- Sony permanently shuts down PS3 and Vita LittleBigPlanet servers due to security concerns