The “Next Generation Upgrade” for this year’s Quake remaster, which adds gameplay support up to 4K / 120fps, is now available for the PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S. The upgrade is available for free, according to Bethesda, and there’s no time limit to redeem it. The PC version of the game does not benefit from the upgrade, as it already supports 4K / 120fps.
In addition to the frame rate improvements, the upgrade also adds support for adaptive triggers and the built-in speaker for the PS5 Dualsense controller. Meanwhile, Xbox gamers get support for Play Anywhere, a Microsoft technology that means game ownership and progress are automatically transferred to its PC version.
The upgrade process is a little different for the PlayStation and the Xbox. Xbox owners should see the upgrade installed automatically through Microsoft’s Smart Delivery system, and any existing backups should be kept. Meanwhile, on PS5, players will need to download the upgraded game through the game’s hub or the PlayStation Store, and Bethesda provides instructions on how to do so on its blog. PS4 saves cannot be transferred to the PS5 version of the game, Bethesda says.
- PS5 DualSense controller vs Xbox Series X controller: which controller is better?
- Halo-themed Xbox Series X and PS5 to be sold at Walmart today
- Starfield is definitely not coming to PS5 – but Xbox Series X exclusives are easier than ever to access
- Best FPS game picks for Xbox Series X
- Best cheap Xbox Series X and Series S deals for September 2021