Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Indian Space Association (ISpA). During the virtual launch event, Prime Minister Modi said that the government can no longer act as a manager for the space sector, but rather must function as a facilitator. He said government policies will help ensure innovation in the private space sector. ISRO’s facilities will also be open to the private sector, he said during his remarks.
ISpA is a private industry organization to help boost space technology in India. Founding members of ISpA include OneWeb, Bharti Airtel, Mapmyindia, Walchandnagar Industries, and Ananth Technology Limited, among others. ISpA will participate and work with ISRO and others on the policy issue around space technology and space. It will focus on capacity building and space economic hubs and incubators in India.
Follow the live updates below.
- PM Modi launches Indian Space Association for coordination between government and pvt
- Space technology, telecommunications to push digital services to remote areas, help inclusive development: Vaishnaw
- How To Watch Microsoft’s Fall Surface Event Today Live
- Zoom Update Finally Adds Live Translation
- Latest AirPods Pros update essential for people with mild hearing problems