After YouTube TV and NBCUniversal on Thursday announced a “short” extension to keep more than a dozen channels on the live TV service, YouTube TV and NBCUniversal announced they had finalized a deal, meaning channels owned by NBC will remain on YouTube TV.
“We are delighted to share that we have reached an agreement to continue to offer the entire NBCUniversal channel portfolio,” according to an update on the YouTube blog on Saturday. “This means you won’t lose access to any of their channels, and YouTube TV will continue to offer over 85 networks for $ 64.99. We appreciate NBCUniversal’s willingness to work towards a deal, and we also appreciate your patience as we negotiated with them on your behalf.
With a deal made just days after it looked like the channels could be taken down, YouTube TV users will still have access to more than a dozen channels, including:
- well done
- Golf channel
- The Olympic channel
- Universal children
- American network
Plus, regional sports networks:
- NBC Sports Bay Area
- NBC Sports Boston
- NBC Sports California
- NBC Sports Chicago
- NBC Sports Philadelphia
- NBC Sports Washington
- TO CUT
YouTube TV had said that if the service lost the channels, it would have lowered its prices by $ 10 per month. But with a deal done, the price will stay the same – and YouTube TV users will still be able to find their TVs in one app without needing to subscribe elsewhere to get coverage of NBC-owned properties.
- YouTube TV and NBCUniversal agree on “short” extension to prevent channels from disappearing
- YouTube TV and NBCUniversal strike deal to keep channels
- YouTube TV’s cable cutter nightmare delayed as NBCU channels stay for now
- Addison Rae signs film deal with Netflix after switching from TikTok to He’s All That
- PSA: Update your new iPhones and iPads to avoid the Apple Music bug