Something to look forward to: A decent amount of content will land on Microsoft’s video game subscription service over the next few weeks. Twelve new games spanning a variety of genres will be added during the second half of September, with one more arriving on October 1. This marks the highest number of new additions for the second half of a month since May, when 15 titles were made available.
There’s something for everyone in this new bundle of games, like Flynn: Son of Crimson for those looking for a metroidvania and Astria Ascending for JRPG fans, both coming to Game Pass on day one.
Additionally, there’s Superliminal for puzzle enthusiasts and Phoenix Point for those who enjoy XCOM-style tactical RPGs. Most of the games will be available for Xbox consoles and PCs, with some of them streaming playable through Xbox Cloud Gaming. For those who haven’t tried it, Phoenix Point is already available on Xbox Game Pass for PC.
The other games arriving on launch day are: Aragami 2, SkateBIRD, Lemnis Gate, Unsighted, Sable, and I am Fish.
Here’s the full list of incoming titles, including their genres, platform availability, and when they’ll appear on the service:
- Flynn: Son of Crimson (Action / RPG, for consoles, PC and streaming)
- I am Fish (Action / Adventure, for consoles, PC and streaming)
- SkateBIRD (Sports / Arcade, for consoles, PC and streaming)
- Superliminal (Puzzle, for consoles, PC and streaming)
- Aragami 2 (Stealth / Action, for consoles, PC and streaming
- Sand (Adventure / Puzzle, for consoles, PC and streaming)
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Platformer / Puzzle, for consoles, PC and streaming)
- Subnautica: Below Zero (Adventure / Survival, for consoles, PC and streaming)
- Tainted Grail: Conquest (RPG, for PC)
- Lemnis Gate (FPS / Strategy, for consoles and PC)
- Astria Ascending (JRPG, for consoles and PC)
- Blind (Action / RPG, for consoles and PC)
- Phoenix Point (Tactical RPG, for consoles)
There will also be something for simulation football fans, but they will have to wait a bit longer. Football Manager 2022 is coming to Xbox Game Pass on launch day, November 9, for consoles, PC and streaming.
September is your last chance to play several great titles on Xbox Game Pass. Drake Hollow, Ikenfell, Night in the Woods, Kathy Rain, and Warhammer Vermintide 2 will all be phased out at the end of the month.
- Final Fantasy XIII is coming to Xbox Game Pass this month
- Microsoft’s cloud gaming service is coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles this holiday season
- Why Xbox Game Pass killing preorders is a good thing
- 5 Final Fantasy games added to PlayStation Now
- Nintendo could add Game Boy and Game Boy Color titles to Switch Online service “very soon”
- New Xbox Series X games: upcoming Xbox Series X games
- New PS5 games: upcoming PS5 game release dates
- Microsoft Surface Duo is great for Game Pass, but it sucks pretty much everything else
- Xbox Streaming Stick: Everything We Know So Far