Reliance Jio has confirmed that it is delaying the launch of the JioPhone Next for a few weeks. The reason for the delay appears to be related to the global semiconductor chip shortage, which has impacted the automotive, PC and smartphone industries. The company said that “this additional delay will also help alleviate current global industry-wide semiconductor shortages.”
Jio promises that the device will be deployed before Diwali. He revealed that the company has made “considerable progress towards the launch” of the highly anticipated JioPhone Next. The two companies have also started testing JioPhone Next with a limited number of users to refine it further and “are actively working to make it more widely available in time for the Diwali holiday season.”
The JioPhone Next was announced in June, and the company announced at the time that this affordable smartphone would go on sale from September 10. The company has yet to reveal pricing and availability details for the JioPhone Next. More details will likely be revealed before Diwali.
JioPhone Next Features
The JioPhone Next was designed in partnership with Google. Leaks suggest the smartphone will be priced at Rs 3,499 in India. The 4G device offers features like voice assistant, on-screen text language translation auto-read aloud, smart camera with augmented reality filters, and much more.
It supports a digital assistant, so users will also be able to ask Google Assistant for the latest cricket scores or a weather update using their voice. Users will also be able to ask the digital assistant to play music on Jio Saavn or check the Jio balance on the MyJio app.
The handset has an HDR mode, as well as Snapchat lenses, directly accessible from the phone’s camera. We will also see an option to change the language of the content of the phone by simply pressing a button.
Reliance has confirmed that its latest JioPhone will benefit from most major Android operating systems as well as security updates. The device has a single camera on the front and a sensor on the rear panel. It lacks a fingerprint sensor and features large bezels at the top and bottom.
- JioPhone Next launch postponed due to chip shortage
- The launch of JioPhone Next has been delayed; To be deployed before Diwali
- Collaboration between Google and Jio on smartphones has been delayed
- JioPhone Next Price in India, Specs and Everything We Know So Far
- All you need to know
- Reliance Jio drops two prepaid JioPhone plans under Rs 100
- Jio Phone Next could be available for pre-booking from this week
- iQOO Z5 set to launch in India by the end of September: everything we know so far
- Facebook’s connected glasses with Ray-Ban will launch on September 9