Intel Alder Lake processors are supposed to be Team Blue’s return to glory, and it looks like they’re around the corner, as pricing for the entire lineup has leaked.
Presumably, all processors in Intel’s 12th generation desktop PC line have been listed on retailer Provantage. It’s far too early to know if these prices will reflect the actual introductory price, but it seems pretty accurate, given the prices of the 11th gen processors.
Prices appear to be a bit more expensive than the last gen, with the Intel Core i9-12900K listed at $ 610 (around £ 440, AU $ 830), which is a bit higher than the suggested price of $ 549 ( approx £ 396, AU $ 748) for the Core i9-11900K. But, again, Intel doesn’t set a mandatory price for its processors, so retailers are free to charge more if necessary, so it’s not a good guide to seeing how much those processors will actually cost.
But given that what appears to be the entire Alder Lake lineup has been listed, we’ll likely hear Intel announce their 12th gen processors very soon. We’ll just have to wait and see if this leak is accurate or not, and until then, take it with a grain of salt.
Analysis: more expensive?
The prices for these Alder Lake chips are a bit higher at this retailer than the list price of the 11th generation chips, but that is to be expected. For example, the Intel Core i9-11900KF comes with a suggested price of $ 513- $ 524, but it’s currently $ 599 on Newegg in the US. So even though Provantage listed these processors at slightly higher prices than their Rocket Lake predecessors, that doesn’t necessarily mean these are the prices Intel will launch the processors at.
However, given the global silicon shortage that we are still going through a lot, it wouldn’t be too surprising for processors to experience a slight price hike, especially since AMD Ryzen 5000 processors have also seen a pretty substantial price hike. when they launched in late 2020.
So it seems quite plausible that Intel is launching these processors at these prices given that they are not this much higher than the prices of the last generation … but I hope they are not too expensive when actually in the wild.
While we’re pretty confident in saying that these prices seem right, it’s also important to keep in mind that these prices may just be placeholder listings – but we probably won’t have to wait long to find out. more.
- Alder Lake-S alleged prices revealed by US retailer ahead of official launch
- Intel’s Alder Lake prices leaked and they will be expensive
- The price of Alder Lake leaks, and it looks like it could burn a hole in your wallet
- Intel Tuning utility adds support for Alder Lake overclocking
- Samsung Galaxy Book leak has 14-core Alder Lake chip
- Early benchmarks show how Intel’s Core i9-12900K comes after the performance crown of the Ryzen 9 5950X
- Leaks of Alder Lake benchmarks are good news for Intel
- Intel Experiments with New Stock Cooler Designs for Alder Lake
- Intel accidentally spills beans on their many, many Alder Lake chipsets