Windows is the most widely used PC operating system in the world. Microsoft recently released its latest Windows 11 operating system which brings some enhanced security features.
If you have a feeling that your Windows PC has been infected with malware, or if you just want to perform a routine scan, you can do so by following a few simple steps. Microsoft’s latest Windows 11 software comes with a built-in security feature; Windows Security. It can be used to quickly scan a Windows 11 PC, which can help detect malware and eliminate it.
If you search for “Windows Defender” in the Start menu, you will find the Windows Security option. If you disabled the search box, you can re-enable it by right-clicking on the taskbar. Then you need to click Search> show search box / icon.
If you don’t want to enable the search box, you can try another method to access the option. To do this, you can simply visit the “Settings” section then go to “Privacy and security” then “Windows security”. This will give you access to a quick summary of your PC status. You can then click on the “Open Windows Security” option to open the software. Read on to find out more.
How to scan a Windows 11 PC for malware
1. Open the ‘Windows Security’ tool.
2. Navigate to the “Virus and Threat Protection” option.
3. Click on the ‘Quick scan’ option.
To note: If you want to perform a more in-depth scan, you can click on the “Scan options” button and select “Full scan”. The process will take longer but will examine all of your files and operating programs. If Windows detects malware during the scan, you can select the “Start Actions” button to start the virus removal process from your computer.
- Windows 11 PC Health Check app is back: how to check if you can install Windows 11
- How to put the Windows 11 Start menu back in its place
- How to use enhanced search mode in Windows 10
- How to turn on Bluetooth in Windows and connect your devices
- Windows 10: How to remove the weather and news widget from the taskbar