Google is set to launch its latest Pixel 6 series soon. Ahead of the official reveal, the search giant posted a teaser for its upcoming phones on Instagram, indicating that the launch will take place in October.
The image shows the Pixel 6 smartphone with backgrounds in different colors, featuring Material You from Android 12, which basically takes the colors from your wallpaper and applies them across the entire user interface. Thus, the colors of the applied theme are visible in the notification shade, lock screen widgets, etc.
While Google has yet to confirm a launch date for the Pixel 6 series, some of the teaser’s clock widgets suggest the launch will take place on October 19, according to a report from 9to5Google. So far, the company has only said the phones will arrive “later this fall.” The rumor mill suggests that the new Pixel phones will be available for purchase starting October 28.
Additionally, Google has previously revealed that its new Pixel 6 series will derive its power from an internal processor, which we now know is called the Tensor processor. The search giant has also confirmed other features. This includes an all new design, with a horizontal camera bar on the back instead of a square or circular module.
The bar itself is reminiscent of the camera bar of the Nexus 6P smartphone. The Pixel 6 will ship a standard 6.4-inch FHD + display with a 90Hz refresh rate, while the Pixel 6 Pro will feature a 6.7-inch QHD + panel with 120 refresh rate support. Hz.
In terms of cameras, the Pixel 6 Pro would arrive with a triple-camera setup on the back. This could include a main wide-angle sensor, an ultra-wide-angle sensor, and a telephoto lens with 4X optical zoom. The Pixel 6 is expected to feature the same primary and ultra-wide-angle sensor, but it could ditch the third zoom sensor.
- Google Pixel 6 Teaser hints at October 19 launch date
- Google reveals more Pixel 6 in video ad and Instagram post, hints on launch date
- Google Pixel 6 teaser gives first real-world glimpse of the next phone
- Google Pixel 6 could take iPhone 13 with September 13 launch
- Google Pixel 6 release date could be October 28 – not just before iPhone 13
- New Google Pixel 6 teasers show the flagship up close – and possible launch date
- Google Pixel Fold could launch before the end of 2021
- Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro: availability, news, details
- Here are the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, Google’s main rivals to the iPhone 13