Google said on its blog that it has added new features to make Google Classroom video conferencing easier and more secure.
The class Meet link will now be accessible on the side of the class feed, so students can easily join and teachers can manage the link from the feed.
Google introduces a range of new features for Android
“Students will be directed to a waiting room until a teacher has officially joined the classroom’s Meet link,” the tech giant explained.
Guests not on the class roster will need to “ask to join” and be admitted by the teacher to prevent unintentional participants from entering.
All designated co-teachers will automatically be the co-organizers of the meeting.
Indian start-ups oppose Google’s new advertising platform
“This moderation tool will allow the co-organizers to start the meeting with the same Meet link without the class teacher needing to be present,” he said.
“Overall, teachers and students will enjoy a smoother and more secure experience when using Google Classroom and Google Meet,” he said.
Users should note that after generating a Meet link, if a co-teacher is added or removed, they should regenerate the Meet link to update the host status. Google is working to allow automatic updates by the end of the year.
The new features will be available as a base service for Google Workspace Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus.
It will be available as an additional service for Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Frontline, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers.
- From Spaces to Meet, here are the new features of Google Workspace
- Google Meet to Deploy “Mute Everything” Feature on Mobile Platforms
- Google gets more material than you design in Gmail, Google Meet, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Sheets apps: eligibility and supported versions
- Google Meet doubles virtual backgrounds and visual effects
- Gmail for call-in support via Google Meet, integration of Spaces in a major update