TechToSee may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site.
Following the announcement of a release date in December after an indefinite delay, Dying Light 2 was pushed back again. Developer Techland’s zombie-parkour mashup is now slated for release on February 4, 2022, which puts it at the start of a month already filled with major releases.
In an article on Twitter, Techland said, “The game is over and we are currently testing it.” However, even in this state, the developer wants more time – almost two more months – to give the long-awaited game more finish. “This is by far the biggest and most ambitious project we have ever carried out,” the message continues. “Unfortunately, we have realized that in order to bring the game to the level that we envision, we need more time to refine and optimize it.” Dying Light 2 Originally slated for release on December 7.
Update regarding the release date. pic.twitter.com/xAx1RMbw0X
– Dying Light (@DyingLightGame) September 14, 2021
Dying Light 2The development cycle of has been troubled since its initial announcement at E3 2018. The game initially received a release window in Spring 2020 before being indefinitely delayed in January 2020. The game’s previous release date, the December 7, is only four months old. having been announced last May.
With its postponement to February 4, 2022, Dying Light 2 Now contributing to what is currently next year’s busiest month in gaming. The game will be released two weeks before Horizon forbidden to the west, which is set for February 18. Sifu and Destiny 2the latest extension of, The witch queen are launched on February 22 and three days later, on February 25, the eponymous album Saints Street the restart is initiated. Several other titles are also slated for release in February but do not yet have a release date set, including Evil Dead: The Game and Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong.
- Battlefield 2042 and Dying Light 2 have been delayed
- Dying Light 2 Combat and Parkour detailed in the presentation
- Dying Light 2 release date dies, resumes life in 2022
- Dying Light 2’s tools are locked behind player choices
- Battlefield 2042 could be postponed to 2022 – and I’m really excited
- Dying Light 2 release date, trailers, gameplay and news
- Nvidia details RTX and DLSS enhancements for Dying Light 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more
- Battlefield 2042 officially delayed over rumors
- Cyberpunk 2077’s next-gen release slated for late 2021