Today started with rumors that Battlefield 2042 would be the last triple-A title to be delayed, and so it ends. The game, a sequel to 2013 Battlefield 4, will now launch on November 19, four weeks after its original October 22 release date.
Battlefield 2042the delay was largely caused by setbacks from the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a post on twitter Oskar Gabrielson, Managing Director of Dice, which is developing the game. “Given the scale and scope of the game, we were hopeful that our teams would be back in our studios together as we head towards the launch.” , we read in the message. “With the current conditions not allowing this to happen safely, and with all the hard work teams are doing from home, we believe it’s important to take the extra time to make the vision for Battlefield 2042 a reality. for our players. “
An update from the Battlefield team pic.twitter.com/K53VNM2tTz
– Battlefield (@ battlefield) September 15, 2021
The good news for Battlefield fans, who have been eagerly awaiting another entry into the franchise with a modern setting, is that they won’t have to wait too long. Unlike many other AAA titles slated for release this holiday season, Battlefield 2042 has not been delayed in 2022. However, it is the latest in a long line of games to face delays, including Horizon forbidden to the west and, more recently, Dying Light 2: stay human, both of which will be released in February 2022.
Players may not be able to gain initial experience with Battlefield 2042 as soon as they thought neither. An open beta for the game was supposed to take place this month, however, today’s delay likely pushed that date back by at least a few weeks, with Gabrielson’s statement on Twitter ending with a remark that ” updates on the open beta will be coming. later this month. “
- Battlefield 2042 delayed by almost a month
- Battlefield 2042 is delayed, bringing it face to face with Call of Duty: Vanguard [updated]
- Battlefield 2042 and Dying Light 2 have been delayed
- Battlefield 2042 will be delayed until November
- Battlefield 2042 postponed to November 2021 due to Covid complications
- Battlefield 2042 could be postponed to 2022 – and I’m really excited
- Battlefield 2042’s delay is a smart post-cyberpunk move
- Battlefield 2042 beta might only be a few days away, if this list is legit
- Battlefield Mobile: Here’s Everything We Know So Far