Apple has unveiled the latest edition of its iPhone line, the iPhone 13. It comes with a new camera layout, a more powerful chip, a thinner notch, and more.
Since its debut in the iPhone X, the notch – which houses the phone’s Face ID system and front camera – has been a source of division. Apple appears to have listened to dissent and reduced the width of the notch by 20%, making it less intrusive in use.
On the back, the dual camera system has a new diagonal layout. The iPhone Pro Max’s optical sensor-shift image stabilization is now built into the entry-level iPhone 13, and rack-type video is now possible thanks to the new Cinematic shooting mode.
As for the screen, Apple claims it can reach 800 nits in normal use and 1,200 nits in maximum brightness. It’s still covered with the damage-resistant Ceramic Shield and uses OLED technology Apple calls Super Retina XDR.
The new 5-nanometer A15 Bionic chip powers all of these features. This comes with a 6-core processor 50% faster than the competition, according to Apple, and a 4-core GPU 30% faster than Apple’s competitors. The 16-core neural motor can perform 15.8 trillion operations per second.
Many features of the iPhone 13 were leaked ahead of Apple’s California Streaming event, but there were still some surprises in store.
- Apple introduces iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini with double the storage starting at $ 699
- iPhone 13 notch – how much smaller is it?
- IPhone 13 has a smaller notch, but I already want it to go away
- Apple Introduces iPhone 13 Pro Models With Improved Camera System, 120Hz Displays And Better Battery Life
- IPhone 13 may have a smaller notch, but it doesn’t go far enough
- Apple unveils new A15 Bionic SoC
- Apple launches updated iPhone 13 series, Watch 7 and iPad mini
- A “new iPhone” without notch spotted in the episode of Ted Lasso
- Sorry, the no-notch iPhone 13 that appeared in Ted Lasso probably isn’t real