Apple announced a group workout feature for Apple Fitness Plus. Fitness Plus will also arrive in 15 new countries, including Brazil, France, Mexico and Russia, and workouts will be captioned in six languages. There are new workouts, including guided meditation, Pilates, and programs to help you prepare for winter sports like skiing and snowboarding.
Group workouts will allow Fitness Plus subscribers to do a workout with a friend (or a group of up to 32 people), starting it via an iMessage or FaceTime call. On your screen, you will be able to see both the instructor and the people with whom you are sharing the training. (Hopefully Apple will include an option to turn off your camera if that gets too embarrassing.) You’ll also see your metrics and rings, and you’ll be able to see how your friends are doing on the “burn bar” competition feature and when they close their rings.
Unfortunately, Apple hasn’t announced a way to let two people share a workout on the same screen, although you can probably share a workout with a roommate or family member if you have. each your own device.
To accompany the new guided meditation workout, Apple Watch’s upcoming Mindfulness app will include audio versions of the mediations.
Group workouts and new country support will arrive “later this fall,” which makes sense as Apple has already announced that SharePlay will not be launching with iOS 15. The rest of the features will be released later this month. .
- Apple Fitness +: 5 updates that excite me
- Apple Fitness Plus updates fight Fitbit and Peloton
- Apple Fitness Plus: price, features, and everything you need to know
- Apple’s iPhone 13 event: the 8 biggest announcements
- Apple Fitness Plus could compete with Peloton with big upgrade
- Apple Watch Series 7 is bigger, more curvy, and smarter
- Whoop’s new fitness tracker has two features that even the Apple Watch can’t beat
- Apple launches updated iPhone 13 series, Watch 7 and iPad mini
- Best Bowflex Deals & Cheap Fitness Equipment For September 2021