Apple’s AirPods 3 are expected to be showcased at today’s Apple event (September 14), and the latest version of Apple’s wireless headphones are expected to launch at a higher price than its predecessor.
The news comes from reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (via 9to5Mac) who claims that Apple will finally showcase its first new version of the headphones since March 2019 at its product event in September. The buds are expected to go on sale during or immediately after the event concludes, so impatient owners probably won’t have to wait long before they can buy a pair.
Kuo notes that Apple will keep the AirPods 2 in its audio lineup, so the new AirPods will be more expensive than their predecessors, which currently cost $ 159 with a standard charging case or $ 249 with a wireless charging case.
It is also possible that the AirPods 2 will benefit from an official price cut, which would allow the AirPods 3 to adopt the current price of the AirPods 2. However, Kuo keeps his cards close to his chest on this and did not. not commented on the most likely scenario.
The AirPods 3 are expected to feature a new design heavily inspired by the AirPods Pro. Based on several leaked images, the refreshed earbuds will have shorter stems, although it looks like they’ll stick with the open design instead of adopting swappable tips like the AirPods Pro offering.
Active noise cancellation shouldn’t be an included feature either. This makes sense because Apple will always want a reason for iOS owners to upgrade to the more premium AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. Don’t be surprised if sweat and water resistance are also exclusive features of AirPods Pro.
Kuo also doesn’t expect the AirPods Pro 2 to be showcased at the September Apple event, although they are widely expected to launch next year. The most important product that is expected to be showcased at the event is the iPhone 13, but the Apple Watch 7 could be among other surprises as well.
The annual Fall Apple Event takes place today (Tuesday, September 14) at 1 p.m. ET and will be broadcast live on various platforms. Stay locked on Tom’s Guide for full coverage of the entire event.
- Apple’s AirPods Price Just Collapsed on Amazon Ahead of AirPods 3 Launch
- Will the AirPods 3 be more expensive than Apple’s original wireless headphones?
- Will the 3rd generation AirPods also be announced this week? Possibility of appearing at the same price or more expensive than 2nd generation AirPods | Qetic
- Today’s Best AirPods Deals: Latest AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- AirPods 3 set to be revealed alongside iPhone 13 launch
- These $ 99 AirPods Are Apple’s Best Deal Since Cyber Monday
- iPhone 13 to AirPods 3: everything Apple is expected to launch on September 14
- Best AirPods deals for September 2021: AirPods and AirPods Pro
- AirPods 3 a no-show at Apple event – but AirPods Pro just dropped to $ 179